Health and Safety Policy
Exertis Telecom LLC is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, safe working methods, and the provision of safe equipment. Workplace health and safety is considered by management to be an integral and vital part of the successful performance of any job.
This policy sets out the responsibilities of Exertis Telecom LLC and its employees with the aim that together we can keep the workplace safe and productive.
In so far as this policy imposes any obligations on Exertis Telecom LLC, those additional to those set out under legislation, those obligations are not contractual and do not give rise to any contractual rights.
Exertis Telecom LLC is committed to:
- Integrating workplace health and safety into all aspects of its operations;
- Identifying hazards, assessing risk and implementing control strategies to minimise risk of injury to people and property;
- Ensuring that local health and safety laws that apply to working conditions and the work environment are observed and enforced;
- Providing adequate safety information, training and supervision;
- Designing, purchasing, installing and maintaining a safe site and machinery;
- Ensuring that the workplace under their control is safe and without undue risks to health;
- Ensuring that the behaviour of all persons in the workplace is safe and without undue risks to health;
- Attempting to remedy all problems relating to workplace health and safety;
- Consulting with workers and other parties to address safety issues and improve decision making on workplace health and safety matters; and
- Supporting and assisting workers in eﬀective injury management and rehabilitation.
All employees and contractors are required to:
- Adhere to safe work practices, instructions and rules;
- Immediately report any unsafe work condition or equipment to Exertis Telecom LLC management;
- Not misuse, damage, refuse to use, or interfere with anything provided in the interest of workplace health and safety;
- Perform all work duties in a manner which ensures individual health and safety and that of all other people in the workplace;
- Encourage fellow employees to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment; and
- Co-operate with all other employees to enable the health and safety responsibilities of all employees be achieved.